- 1 Best Freedom, Independence & Democracy Day Quotes for Better Nation
- 1.1 Best Freedom, Independence & Democracy Day Quotes for Better Nation 2019
- 1.2 Recent Posts
Best Freedom, Independence & Democracy Day Quotes for Better Nation
We are aware that you are searching for Best Freedom, Independence & Democracy Day Quotes for Better Nation, inspirational quotes freedom, freedom quotes, personal freedom quotes, true freedom quotes, freedom quotes goodreads, spiritual freedom quotes, freedom quotes for girl, funny freedom quotes and we have decided to compile the best messages for you to send today.
An Independence Day is an annual event commemorating the anniversary of a nation‘s independence or statehood, usually after ceasing to be a group or part of another nation or state; more rarely after the end of a military occupation; and in the unique case of Singapore, expulsion from Malaysia.
Most countries observe their respective independence days as national holidays.
Democracy Day may refer to:
- International Day of Democracy, in 2007 the United Nations General Assembly decided to observe 15 September as the International Day of Democracy
- Democracy Day (Canada), project launched by Fair Vote Canada to “celebrate and reflect upon Canadian democracy”
- Democracy Day (Cape Verde), an annual public holiday in Cape Verde
- Democracy Day (Nigeria), May 29, for the return of democracy in Nigeria in 1999
- Democracy Day (United Kingdom), a day of events to mark the 750th anniversary of the first Parliament to include representatives of the people
- Democracy Day (United States), a proposed federal holiday corresponding to Election Day on even-numbered years
Send any of the following composed Democracy day messages to your loved ones and friends in the stuggle.
Best Freedom, Independence & Democracy Day Quotes for Better Nation 2019
Democracy Freedom And Independence Day Quotes
When you are entering a competition you enter either to win or lose. In democracy the mere fact that you are entering a competition demands you to accept the result and I will move forward. – Brown Mpinganjira.
The strongest democracies flourish from frequent and lively debate, but they endure when people of every background and belief find a way to set aside smaller differences in service of a greater purpose.-Barack Obama.
To view the opposition as dangerous is to misunderstand the basic concepts of democracy. To oppress the opposition is to assault the very foundation of democracy. – Aung San Suu Kyi.
The existence of common values is being frivolously called into question through the crescendo of initiatives with ever more wide-reaching demands. Once again it did however work out well. As for a solution to this challenge – direct democracy hasn’t found one yet. – Eric Guyer.
Democracy and dependence on the military and police are incompatible. – Mahatma Gandhi.
In the end, democratic societies are stronger and more resilient than any autocracy. And more adaptable too. – Jens Stoltenberg.
Democracy cannot be imposed on any nation from the outside. Each society must search for its own path, and no path is perfect.– Barack Obama.
Whether you change the linen or stitch up wounds, cook the food or dispense the medicines, it is in your hands to help build a public service worthy of all those who gave their lives for the dream of democracy– Nelson Mandela.
We are not jumping on the austerity bandwagon. A healthy economy is by far the most important thing for Social Democrats.– Helle Thorning-Schmidt.
Poverty is a national waste as well as individual waste. We are all diminished when any of us are denied proper education. The nation is the poorer – a poorer economy, a poorer civilisation, because of this human and national waste. – Gough Whitlam.
Looking at faces of people, one gets the feeling there’s a lot of work to be done.” – Wole Soyinka.
Democracy Day Quotes for a Greater Nation
Now what belongs together will grow together. – Willy Brandt.
Democracy is worth dying for, because it’s the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man.” ―Ronald Reagan.
The New World Order that is in the making must focus on the creation of a world of democracy, peace and prosperity for all. – Nelson Mandela
Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. – George Bernard Shaw.
I understand democracy as something that gives the weak the same chance as the strong. – Mahatma Gandhi.
Not everybody can be famous but everybody can be great, because greatness is determined by service. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
The people can always be brought to the bidding of their leaders. All you have to do is tell them that they are in danger of being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.–Hermann Goering.
You can’t run a government from one single person. What instead matters is that leadership be about gathering around extraordinary individuals and getting the best out of them.- Justin Trudeau.
Leadership is inspiring extraordinary people to step up and serve their country.-Justin Trudeau.
Democracy is never a thing done. Democracy is always something that a nation must be doing. – Archibald MacLeish.
In politics as in philosophy, my tenets are few and simple. The leading one of which, and indeed that which embraces most others, is to be honest and just ourselves and to exact it from others, meddling as little as possible in their affairs where our own are not involved. If this maxim was generally adopted, wars would cease and our swords would soon be converted into reap hooks and our harvests be more peaceful, abundant, and happy.” ―George Washington.
The spirit of democracy is not a mechanical thing to be adjusted by abolition of forms. It requires change of heart.-Mahatma Gandhi.
My message for you tonight is simple: have faith in yourselves and have faith in your country.- Justin Trudeau.
An educated, enlightened & informed population is one of the surest ways of promoting the health of a democracy –Nelson Mandela.
The ballot is stronger than the bullet. ― Abraham Lincoln.
In democracy it’s your vote that counts; In feudalism it’s your count that votes.– Mogens Jallberg.
By voting, we add our voice to the chorus that forms opinions and the basis for actions. – Jens Stoltenberg.
The great thing about democracy is that it gives every voter a chance to do something stupid. – Art Spander.
A great democracy has got to be progressive or it will soon cease to be great or a democracy. ―Theodore Roosevelt.
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter. ―Winston Churchill.
On account of being a democracy and run by the people, we are the only nation in the world that has to keep a government four years, no matter what it does. – Will Rogers.
When we sing “Yes, we love this country,” we must remember that we are also singing about each other. For it is we who make up the country.- Barack Obama.
Democracy is such a framework that everyone has the right to live their lives, fix their goals, their aims, their dreams and the ways to achieve them according to their own choice. – Narendra Modi.
Tolerance means showing respect for other people’s history,, and identity. But let there be no misunderstanding: Tolerance does not mean “anything goes”. There must be zero tolerance towards all those who show no respect for the inalienable rights of the individual and who violate human rights. – Angela Merkel.
We must nurture tolerance, collective wisdom, and democracy. – Nelson Mandela.
The basis of democracy is tolerance to criticism. If you can’t face criticism, if you can’t accept it, then you cannot guard democracy, you are not eligible for it.- Narendra Modi.
Independence Day Quotes for a Greater Nation
There is no dream, and if there is, there is only one to see you mychildren struggling for the same and for which I am expected to befinished.– Ashfaqulla Khan.
Family first, party next, nation last. For us, it’s nation first, party next, and self last. – Anurag Thakur.
If yet your blood does not rage, then it is water that flows in your veins. For what is the flush of youth, if it is not of service to themotherland. – Chandra Shekhar Azad.
Whoever can conquer the street will one day conquer the state, for every form of power politics and any dictatorship-run state has its roots in the street. – Joseph Goebbels.
People want to make sacrifices but they don’t want to be sacrificed. – Helle Thorning-Schmidt.
We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.- Martin Luther King, Jr.
An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.– Mahatma Gandhi.
The influence which a nation exerts, the respect which it enjoys, and the prestige accorded to it on the world scene, depend on two important factors: the size of its wealth and the calibre of its leadership. – Obafemi Awolowo.
The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.” –James Madison.
The sanctity of law can be maintained only so long as it is theexpression of the will of the people. – Bhagat Singh.
A country’s greatness lies in its undying ideals of love and sacrifice that inspire the mothers of the race.– SarojiniNaidu.
In these days of rapid communications, we cannot live in isolation, apart from the rest of the world, even if we wished to do so. All too soon it has become evident that for us, independence implies a great deal more than self-government. – Abubakar Tafawa Balewa.
In attaining our ideals, our means should be as pure as the end – Dr. Rajendra Prasad.
We have proved that the true strength of our nation comes not from the scale of our wealth but from the power of our ideals – opportunity, democracy, liberty and hope.- Barack Obama.
The forces that unite us are intrinsic and greater than the superimposed influences that keep us apart. – KwameNkrumah.
Freedom Quotes for a Greater Nation
I have more influence now than when I had the power. – Gough Whitlam.
Freedom is independence of the compulsory will of another, and in so far as it tends to exist with the freedom of all according to a universal law, it is the one sole original inborn right belonging to every man in virtue of his humanity. – Immanuel Kant.
Liberty has never come from the government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of it. The history of liberty is a history of resistance.– Woodrow Wilson.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. -Ronald Reagan.
Freedom is not something that one people can bestow on another as a gift. They claim it as their own and none can keep it from them. – Kwame Nkrumah
Liberties aren’t given, they are taken. –Aldous Huxley.
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.– Martin Luther King, Jr.
Better to die fighting for freedom then be a prisoner all the days of your life. -Bob Marley.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. -George Washington.
For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.– Nelson Mandela.
Other Best Freedom, Independence & Democracy Day Quotes for Better Nation 2019
1. “I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.”
—Charlotte Bronte from Jane Eyre
2. “Lock up your libraries if you like; but there is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind.”
—Virginia Woolf from A Room of One’s Own
3. “Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.”
4. “The only real prison is fear, and the only real freedom is freedom from fear.”
—Aung San Suu Kyi
5. “Freedom (n.): To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing.”
—Ayn Rand from The Fountainhead
6. “We were the people who were not in the papers. We lived in the blank white spaces at the edge of print. It gave us more freedom. We lived in the gaps between the stories.”
—Margaret Atwood from The Handmaid’s Tale
7. “In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.”
—Franklin D. Roosevelt
8. “We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it.”
9. “Freedom lies in being bold.”
10. “For what avail the plough or sail, or land or life, if freedom fail?”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson
11. “Freedom is the open window through which pours the sunlight of the human spirit and human dignity.”
12. “This, then, is the state of the union: free and restless, growing and full of hope. So it was in the beginning. So it shall always be, while God is willing, and we are strong enough to keep the faith.”
—Lyndon B. Johnson
13. “I am an American; free born and free bred, where I acknowledge no man as my superior, except for his own worth, or as my inferior, except for his own demerit.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
14. “Is freedom anything else than the right to live as we wish? Nothing else.”
15. “Freedom means the opportunity to be what we never thought we would be.”
—Daniel J. Boorstin
16. “Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth.”
17. “Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom.”
18. “Independence is a heady draught, and if you drink it in your youth, it can have the same effect on the brain as young wine does. It does not matter that its taste is not always appealing. It is addictive and with each drink you want more.”
19. “I believe in America because we have great dreams, and because we have the opportunity to make those dreams come true.”
20. “Life without liberty is like a body without spirit.”
21. “Those who won our independence… valued liberty as an end and as a means. They believed liberty to be the secret of happiness and courage to be the secret of liberty.”
—Louis D. Brandeis
22. “For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.”
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Best Freedom, Independence & Democracy Day Quotes for Better Nation 2019”
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Best Freedom, Independence & Democracy Day Quotes for Better Nation 2019”.
Thanks For Reading